For release: July 14, 2016 9:30 a.m.
Flooding in northwest Wisconsin has several highways closed. The Wisconsin Department of Transportation continues to assess roadways for damage and detour routes as necessary.
• US 2 is closed east of Odanah at Lake Road. Traffic detoured via US 51, WIS 77, WIS 13, WIS 77, US 63, and US 53.
• US 2 is closed at Denomie Creek near Bad River in Odanah.
• WIS 13 is closed between Mellen and Ashland. Use WIS 77, US 63 and US 53 and US 2 as alternative route.
• WIS 137 at Wipperfurth Road in Ashland between Sanborn Avenue and US 2 is now open.
• US 63 is closed at Twentymile Creek near Grand View, north of Drummond. No official detour posted.
• US 63 is closed near Bibon Swamp between Grand View and Mason. No official detour posted.
• WIS 35 is closed north of Danbury at Riverside. Use WIS 77 and US 53 as alternative route.
• WIS 77 is closed near Danubury. MnDOT has closed their bridge (MN 48/ WIS 77) west of Danbury.
• WIS 122 between US 2 and WIS 77 is now open.
• WIS 122 closed north of US 2 to Michigan State Line. No official detour posted.
• WIS 169 is closed between WIS 13 and US 2. No official detour posted.
• WIS 27 north of Hayward, off of WIS 77 near Smith Lake is now open.
• WIS 63 is closed in Hayward. A local detour is signed.
• WIS 27/ WIS 77 north of Hayward is open to traffic
• WIS 77 at Oak Tree Drive to County Road G just east of Minong is now open.
• WIS 77 at Old Bass Lake Road southwest of Minong is now open.
• US 53 between Lampson and Minong has both lanes open.
Motorists are advised to drive with caution on all area roads and are reminded not to drive through standing water. For up-to-date closures and detour information visit www.511wi.gov, download the free mobile app or follow @511WI on Twitter.
For more information, contact:Diana Maas, WisDOT Region Communications Manager, 715.828.9471
# # #